Searching...

Illamasqua Theatre Of The Nameless Collection Fall 2011 - Nail Varnishes: Swatches and Review

I am always very excited about new collections from Illamasqua - a brand I fell in love with a long time ago. Illamasqua is exactly my cup of tea. It is edgy and very original. Every collection they come up with has a story behind. It is thought through and I love their pictures that come with the collection.
Theatre Of The Nameless, their new collection for this fall, is no exception. I am very excited that I can show you all four nail varnishes that are a part of this collection. 

 Illamasqua says: "Taking a lead from the colour-coded specialities of the Wittenberg Platz’s domineering Boot Girls, Illamasqua introduces confident new shades, in a brazen display of utter indulgence. The Theatre of the Nameless proudly parades a kinky new waxy “rubber-look” finish to Illamasqua’s hardwearing, chip-resistant Nail Varnish … "

The new rubber-look is similar to what we have seen with Illamasqua Scorn earlier this year. It is a satin finish somewhere between glossy and matte. Here are my swatches, you can read my overall thoughts at the end:

KINK
I had enough time to try all of these as a full mani and had each one of them a few days on. Yes I even had a green polish. And you know what? I liked it! Maybe it is the rubber finish...it makes it a bit different than anything else I have from the green family of nail polishes. Kink is described as a bottle green. The application on this one was flawless (I don´t have to say that, we are talking about Illamasqua here). I used two coats.

VICE
Vice is a deep cerise and absolutely perfect for fall. It also covers in two coats, but I used three on these pictures just to be sure.  

FAUX PAS
My favourite...of course! It is a purple, a classic medium purple. On Faux Pas you can see the rubberized finish the best, just have a look at the detail. Faux Pas also had the best coverage from the set, if you use a thicker coat it covers in just one. I love that!

TAINT
Taint is my least favourite but I know some of you will love it. Still I love the finish it has. I didn't find anything like this in my nail polish collection. Illamasqua describes it as a stone brown.

Overall I am glad I don´t see any other glossy cremes as we have seen a lot of them this fall. I am glad that Illamasqua came with this rubberised finish. Not only are the nail polishes in this finish but also their caps! I love that and wish all polishes had rubberized caps...they are much easier to open and work with.
As I also already said the polishes have a great formula and are easy to work with. Most Illamasqua polishes I tried have exceptional quality and these are no exception. They have good coverage too. The drying time on these is a bit longer than you would expect from polishes with this finish. Once applied they are glossy and you have to wait for about 3 - 5 minutes for the effect to fully show. Compared with Scorn the drying time is a bit longer but still faster than a normal glossy creme.
I am also happy with the color choice. Glad there is a beautiful purple which I will be wearing a lot this fall! Overall a nice little collection with typical fall colors but with a different finish that we have seen from other brands.

P.S. Did I tell you how much I love the names of these?

I can´t wait to hear your thoughts so tell me what do you think about these? Any must haves?

* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!