Searching...

OPI The Amazing Spider-Man Collection 2012- Swatches and Review


I am sorry for the lack of posts on my blog lately...I hope to make up for this by showing you the newest collection from OPI. It is another film-inspired collection. 

OPI says: "OPI is so excited to work with Sony Pictures in welcoming Spider-Man back on the big screen,” explains Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director. “This film explores a new chapter in the Spider-Man legacy that’s going to be both dark and sexy. The colors created for this promotion capture the movie’s exciting atmosphere, with standout shades like the deep shimmering blue Into the Night and the metallic golden green Just Spotted the Lizard.” The film villain’s reptilian look can be replicated with a high-fashion twist by using the new deep green shimmer Shatter coat. Shatter the Scales is inspired by graffiti art and works when painted over any dry OPI hue. Adding top coat takes Shatter the Scales from matte to glossy in seconds."

Here are my swatches:

YOUR WEB OR MINE?

INTO THE NIGHT

CALL ME GWEN-EVER

JUST SPOTTED THE LIZARD

MY BOYFRIEND SCALES WALLS

NUMBER ONE NEMESIS

SHATTER THE SCALES over MY BOYFRIEND SCALES WALLS

So here they are. I still did not see the film, so I can´t say how much the colours correspond. I have to say that the collection seemed a bit boring to me from the swatches I saw on other blogs. After seeing them in real life and trying them on my nails I must be a bit nicer to this collection. There are some really pretty polishes. My favourite is Into the Night, although it is the only three-coater from the whole collection. Most of you already know that Just Spotted the Lizard is a dupe of Chanel Peridot. Great opportunity for those of you who missed the original Chanel. Overall I must say that this is not a collection that would wow me, OPI made better in the previous months. On the other side you should not overlook it completely and maybe you will find a new unexpected favourite.

I would love to hear your thoughts about this collection!

* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!