Searching...

OPI Touring America Fall 2011 Collection - Swatches and Review

Today I have for you the main OPI Collection for this fall. The Touring America collection is already available in stores. I had the polishes for a while too but I have mixed feelings about the collection so wanted to wear the shades before I post my review. Here are my swatches, my thoughts after :)

ARE WE THERE YET?
A melon orange shimmer. Two coats here.

A-TAUPE THE SPACE NEEDLE
When I swatched this I thought two coats are fine, but now looking at the pictures I think three could have been better. This is really not my type of color, you know :)

COLOR TO DINER FOR
This is my favourite shimmer of the collection. OPI makes some of the best reds I have ever seen so whenever there is a red in the collection I like it. Just remember last fall and Color So Hot It Berns! I so much love that shade. This was two coats.

FRENCH QUARTER FOR YOUR THOUGHTS
There are two greys in this collection. This is a true medium grey. Two coats.

GET IN THE EXPRESSO LANE
A dark brown creme. It is not too dark to look black. Two coats.

HONK IF YOU LOVE OPI
Beautiful dark red purple. Again not too dark to be black. One of my favourites. Two coats again.

I BRAKE FOR MANICURES
This polish is my favourite of the whole collection. I love the name, the color and most of all its formula. This one was just perfect. Two coats and absolute love!

I EAT MAINELY LOBSTER
Coral with tiny gold shimmer. Three coats.

MY ADDRESS IS "HOLLYWOOD"
Dusty pink. Not really my type. I like more bright and neon pinks. Three coats.

ROAD HOUSE BLUES
Oh I love the dark cremes in this collection. This is another pretty one. Two coats.

SUZI TAKES THE WHEEL
The second grey of the collection, this time with a hint of green. I had some problems with this one. It was a bit more watery than the rest. Two coats.

UH-OH ROLL DOWN THE WINDOW
This has a funny name but I don´t like the color. Two coats.

My overall thoughts? This collection has both...colors which I don´t like and would never wear and also amazing dark cremes that I really love. The formula was good but I have seen better in previous OPI collections. I know it must be hard to come up with amazing and breathtaking collections every year (and OPI already did some great collections this year...I loved the Miss Universe, Blue Shatter and others). I absolutely loved the Swiss collection from last year. It had several colours that I love to wear all year round. This year I will be rocking the four dark cremes, the shimmers are not very much my taste except Color To Diner For which is pretty and my least favourite are the greens and greys. But yet again, that is with every collection. I am not a green lover.
What are your thoughts about this collection?

* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!