Searching...

China Glaze Let It Snow Holiday 2011 Collection - Swatches and Review


Those of you, who follow me on facebook already knew this review was coming. The first Holiday collection of this year I am reviewing is from China Glaze and I am glad for that, because China Glaze makes amazing Holiday collections! I promise you that you will not be disappointed. It is a big collection of twelve shades and it has all you want for Christmas: red, green, glitter, gold, silver...Let´s have a look at them one by one:

VELVET BOW
A rich dark red creme. Really looks like luxury velvet. Makes me feel cosy :) Two coats.
WINTER BERRY
A beautiful berry red. As you can see the nail line is visible with two coats, so three would be perfect.
POINSETTIA
I love this bright red creme, perfect for Christmas! This is a bit jelly like. It applied like a dream. This is two coats.
RING IN THE RED
This looks like red glitter magic in the bottle. I think I will be wearing this the whole December, it is so festive. However I did not manage to capture its full beauty. You just have to believe me that it is even more beautiful than on my pictures. This is three coats on the picture, covers well. You can also try it on a red creme.
TWINKLE LIGHTS
Green and red glitter but most of all gold. This is crazy under artificial light, so another great polish for those long winter nights! I didn´t want to take it off :) Three coats. It will be a perfect layering polish too.
CHAMPAGNE BUBBLES
Bright yellow gold with silver glitter. Very unique and great for those Christmas parties. Three coats.
BLUE YEAR´S EVE
This blue is everywhere now and I am so glad because I love this colour. I am so happy China Glaze came out with this one, there is never enough of such shades. There is even purple in the bottle, sadly it does not transfer on the nail. I will be making a comparison with this one for sure. Two coats.
GLITTERING GARLAND
The only time of the year when I wear green and actually like it is Christmas. One of my favourite greens ever is China Glaze Emerald Sparkle! China Glaze can make beautiful greens. This one is also very pretty, just look at the detail. Two coats.
HOLLY DAY
Darker green creme. It looks absolutely flawless. I am sure all of the green lovers out there will love this one. Two coats.
TINSEL TOWN
Another beauty that I found nothing similar to. I love the hexagonal glitter in this. Covers very well in two coats.
ICICLE
A basic silver, that everyone should have in their collection. Nothing unique though. Two coats.
SNOW GLOBE
Snow Globe is a re-promote. It is round holo glitter in a clear base. On this picture I am showing you only one coat over other polishes from this collection. I like it best over Blue Year´s Eve. This is definitely a layering polish, you would have to go nuts if you would try to make it opaque on its own.

This collection just screams Christmas, it is perfect. There are so many different colours and finishes to choose from that you can´t go wrong. If I wouldn´t have so many polishes at home already I wouldn´t hesitate to buy the whole collection :) The formula on most of these was perfect, I had no problems with these. Just wish Snow Globe would be easier to work with, I want more of that beautiful glitter without having to apply three coats. If I would have to choose a favourite it would be Ring In The Red. It is such an amazing red glitter which can be worn on its own. But as I said there are more shades I love here.
What are your thoughts? I would also love to hear your ideas for possible comparisons :)

* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!