Searching...

China Glaze Anchors Away Spring 2011 Collection - Swatches and Review

So the first collection of the new year from me is China Glaze Anchors Away. I was very curious about it and was so happy to find a package with the collection this week.

What China Glaze says about the collection: "Sail away this spring in 12 nautically-inspired colors from China Glaze. These bold and confident brights are reminiscent of a carefree natural getaway, with soft ethereal hues that inspire leisurely thoughts of sand and sea."

So we have a nauticall inspired collection. I love the theme! Here are the polishes in their bottles. Really wide range of colors:


The swatches are all without a base or top coat and are in natural daylight (no sun or lightbox).



PELICAN GRAY
Light gray with subtle shimmer. I love the shimmer in it! Will be adding this to my favourite grays. You will need 2 -3 coats for this polish to be opaque.

LIGHTHOUSE
I think you just look at the pictures and you get it. This is amazing! A very bright golden yellow. Looks like the sun :) It is a jelly and applied very well. I used three coats here.

FIRST MATE
Dark blue creme. It is very pigmented and if you use a thicker coat you can go with just one. Love polishes like this. For me a perfect blue for a nauticall mani.

KNOTTY
Knotty reminds me of Frosty from the Holiday collection but it is more beige than white. It is a perfect polish to work but still not boring. This is three coats.

LIFE PRESERVER
If I were to choose a least favourite color from this collection, it would be this one. I just can´t wear colors like this :( For those of you who like it, you will love to hear that the application was flawless and needs just two coats for full opacity.

AHOY!
On the other hand, here is one of my favourites. This one is so pretty! A darker jelly pink. Can´t wait to wear this one as a full mani. Very bright and happy color :) Two coats.

SEA SPRAY
Another winner. A blueish gray with hidden shimmer. It makes your nails look really nice. I don´t think I have anything like this in my collection of polishes. You must have this one! Two coats.

HEY SAILOR
It wouldn´t be a nauticall inspired collection without a red. Here is a very bright classic red creme. It is a bit thicker but still I had no application problems. If you make a thick coat it covers in just one. I did two here. Will compare to other reds to see if I can find any dupes :)

BELOW DECK
This is supposed to be very close to the popular China Glaze Channelesque. I don´t have it to compare but I am glad I have at least this one now. Looks amazing! Can´t get enough of colors like this. Two coats. Another must have of the collection.
Here is my comparison with Below Deck.

STARBOARD
Not very fond of shades like this so I don´t think I will be wearing it but I know a lot of my readers are big green lovers. So here is one for you! Two coats.

WHITE CAP
This is a sheer jelly with golden shimmer. This is three coats and still not opaque. Those of you who can´t stand VNL might try layering it, I am sure the result will be great.

SUNSET SAIL
Beige shimmer with a hint of orange. Not sure if I like it or not. Must try as a full mani and wear it longer. Two coats.
 Anchors Away is a very nice collection. I found some amazing shades (my top three is Ahoy!, Lighthouse and Below Deck) that I can´t wait to wear. The choice of colors is wide...from sheer whites to a dark blue.
As for formula I found some of the shades a bit thicker but I had no problems applying them. Most of the colors are two coaters.
The collection should be already available in shops. Did you already get some of these? Tell me how you like the collection. I hope my swatches were helpful :)

* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!