Searching...

OPI Serena Williams Grand Slam Collection 2011 - Swatches and Review

Just got this in my mail. I ripped the boxes open because I knew what was inside! I am so excited about these :)
The Serena Williams Collection will be releasing two polishes for each tournament. These two I have for you today are for the Australian Open. I am already curious about the others!


The swatches are all without a base or top coat and are in natural daylight (no sun or lightbox).

SIMPLY SMASH-ING
Simply Smash-ing is simply amazing! It is a yellow green with a foil like finish. On the nail it is much brighter than in the bottle where it looks more muted. The application was fine and this is three coats. It is such an unusual color, I love it! Not boring at all.

SIMPLY SMASH-ING WITH BLACK SHATTER
I think you must have already read a milion times that Black Shatter is great. Now that I tried it I must say: yes, it really is! There are a few rules which you should know in order to get a nice finish but I will do a special post on Black Shatter later (edit: here is the post about Black Shatter). For this picture I waited about seven minutes for the base polish to dry and then applied one thick coat of Black Shatter. Over it I used a top coat to seal it.

And because I loved the result so much, here is one more picture of how it looked.


So here we have it...two amazing polishes which I really recommend you get. Both of them are must haves for me and I will be getting back-up bottles for myself :) These are already available in shops so I hope you already have them. Did you get this collection and what do you think about it? Let me know :)

* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!