Searching...

OPI Katy Perry Collection 2011 - Swatches and Review

Another collaboration OPI is coming with is the Katy Perry Collection which I have for you today. It consists of four polishes plus the Black Shatter (I made a special post with tips and tricks with Black Shatter here). I will show you all the polishes with Black Shatter so you have an idea of how they look. I didn´t wait for them to dry completely, so the effect is a bit different.


The swatches are all without a base or top coat and are in natural daylight (no sun or lightbox).

NOT LIKE THE MOVIES
When I applied the first coat I was a bit afraid that I will have to do five for full coverage. In the end I needed just three. The color is a very nice silver with a hint of green and a bit of purple.

NOT LIKE THE MOVIES WITH BLACK SHATTER
This makes a really nice effect. A nice contrast of the light colored base and the black crackle.

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY
LOVE! I absolutely love this polish. The color is deep, very pigmented. You may say that there are already colos like this but I don´t care. I could own a thousand of these :) The picture is two coats.

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY WITH BLACK SHATTER
These two must have been made for each other. Love the way the base shines through the black crackle. It makes a beautiful effect. This is my next mani!  

TEENAGE DREAM
Is a light pink base with holo glitter. This applied very nicely and I used three coats. I think it will be very nice for layering. I like this polish because it is not boring and it is a nice twist to boring light pinks.

TEENAGE DREAM WITH BLACK SHATTER
This is a combination that I don´t like very much. Maybe it is because I didn´t wait for it to dry. I just think that the Black Shatter hides too much of the glitter here.

LAST FRIDAY NIGHT
This polish has two sides. The nice one is when you look at it. It is amazing. I love the color and I already tried it for layering which was also great. The other side is the application. The polish I had was extremely thick for me and it was impossible for me to apply it. I will try to add some thinner and hope this will work. The picture is just with two coats. I am not sure if only my bottle was the problem, hope it was.
 

LAST FRIDAY NIGHT WITH BLACK SHATTER
Due to the fact, that the base was all thick and wet, the effect it not very nice. I think I will redo my pictures of this once I use the thinner.
My overall thoughts about the collection are very positive. The colors are fun and not boring at all. And if you are bored after a few days of wear you can always use the Black Shatter which I love, love, love! The only problem child of the collection for me is the last one. The formula was really hard to work with :( Other than that I recommend the collection. These are already available in shops.
Now you know I love to hear your thoughts, so feel free to let me know what you think in the comments :) As always a video is coming soon.
* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!