Searching...

China Glaze Crackle Glaze 2011 Collection - Swatches and Review

Yes, even I am on the crackle wave that is spreading between nail polish addicts lately :) When I heard that China Glaze is releasing these beauties I wanted to buy the whole collection. I was waiting for them to hit the stores and then a few days ago a big package appeared! Yay the crackles! I have been playing with these a lot lately. They work great on different finishes and with different brands. But for the swatching I chose to show them to you on China Glaze polishes.

The swatches are all without a base or top coat and are in natural daylight (no sun or lightbox).

BLACK MESH
Black crackle. Very easy to work with. Crackles fast. I am showing you how important the amount you apply is. On my ring finger I applied a very thin coat and on my pinkie a thick one. See the difference? The base polish here is Kiwi Cool-Ada (three coats).

FAULT LINE
Purple crackle! Yes for me! This is a must have. It is very special as it is the only crackle polish with shimmer. This worked great for me too. Again you just have to be careful about the amount you apply. If you put too much you will have an effect like on my pinkie, where it didn´t crackle too much. I love the combination of purple and gold so as a base I used two coats of Midnight Kiss.

CRUSHED CANDY
Interesting color for a crackle polish and you will end up with very interesting combinations :) I found it a bit harder to work with than the previous two but nothing major. The base is one coat of First Mate.

LIGHTNING BOLT
Is a bit watery so it makes a different effect. The base is one thicker coat of Ahoy!

BROKEN HEARTED
I was very much looking toward a pink crackle. I already tried it in so many combinations, looks always great. Here it is over two coats of Jitterbug. Too bad this combo looks better in the close up.

CRACKED CONCRETE
The name says it all. Gray crackle. I applied it on Harmony. I think it looks cool.

On all the pictures I showed you the crackle polishes without a top coat but you should apply it if you wear these.
If you love crackle polishes you will love this collection. I like it a lot, there is a purple crackle, what else could I want? Don´t worry about the formula, I think these aren´t hard to work with. You just have to follow some basic rules when working with crackle polishes. I made a post about this here so have a look.
I hope that in the future China Glaze releases even more shades to choose from :) They did a great job here.

* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!