Searching...

China Glaze Crackle Glaze Metals 2011 Collection - Swatches and Review


Crackling / shattering polishes are a big thing this year and it looks like they will be in the upcoming months too. China Glaze already released one collection of cracking polishes (my review is here) and now we have a second coming up. This time it is metallic. I swatched all of these on a black creme. I know it is not very original but you will get an idea of how the shades looks best. All the swatches are without the final top coat which you should not forget about.

PLATINUM PIECES
Is a silver metallic. I like it over the black and I can´t wait to try it over a blue or a turquoise. This worked really well.

TARNISHED GOLD
As the name says it is a gold crackle :) Same as before, this worked well too.

CRACKED MEDAILLON
Great shade for summer and I think it will look really well over a lot of polishes.

HAUTE METAL
Is a soft pink. I think this would work better over a lighter base color than the black. This will be great for a girly cracked manicure.

LATTICED LILAC
Ok, this was a big fail of mine. I don´t know what I did wrong. Looks like I will have to work on my application :(

OXIDIZED AQUA
I think this is my favourite polish from the collection. It worked great and I really like the color.

These crackles are a bit different from the ones I tried so far. They are sheer but once they start to crackle, they get opaque. Maybe I should apply a thicker coat to make them crackle more. I will for sure play with these a bit more and show you some more interesting color combinations than over the boring black :)
Overall a nice and unexpected collection but for this summer I am in love with another collection from China Glaze and that is Island Escape!

* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!