Searching...

Sigma Complete Professional Brush Kit - Review


Today it is going to be all about brushes. Not nail polish brushes as you would expect but makeup brushes. I got the chance to try out the Sigma Complete Kit and would like to share my thoughts with you. First I would like to say that I am not a brush maniac, I have just five Smashbox brushes and no MAC. So this post is just my thoughts about the brushes, no comparisons. I used the brushes for a month before writing this post. Hope it will be helpful for someone :)

Sigma says: "12 professional quality brushes for a complete makeover! Everything you need to apply makeup to eyes and face."


The brushes come with a leather look like brush roll. It is great for keeping the brushes in, I like it. I just don´t like the smell of it...smells like plastic and I found the brushes smell from it too.

Inside the roll are twelve brushes for the face and eyes. I agree with what Sigma says, you get everything you need. On the above picture is the Large Powder Brush. As you can see, the handle is black and all the brushes have their names written on in white. I really like the handles.
Now lets have a look at the brushes one by one :)

Large Powder Brush (F30)
I like this brush. It is big and fluffy. The size is ideal to apply powder on the face and body. The downside is that it sheds.

Large Angled Contour Brush (F40)
Found this brush not thick enough. Used it for blushes and didn´t have enought control. It is soft and I use it for touch ups in contouring the face. Generally I prefer black brushes but that is just my personal taste. White ones get dirty very easily. The good side is that it doesn´t shed.

Duo Fibre Brush (F50)
This brush is very soft. First I didn´t know what to use it for exactly :D I didn´t like the way it applied my blushes. Now I know it works very good with a foundation but I still think my application skills are not good enough as I prefer the classic foundation brush.

Foundation Brush (F60)
This is one of my favourites from this set. I love applying foundation with it. The brush is flat, slightly stiff...perfect for creamy and liquid products. Doesn´t shed, I really love it. Perfect for me.

Large Shader (E60)
Now we get to the eye brushes. This one is also flat and stiff. I use it to apply my creamy eyeshadow base  or creamy eyeshadows. Works great with them. Another favourite of the set.

Medium Angled Shading Brush (E70)
This soft angled brush is nice for applying the highlight eyeshadow that you put under your eyebrows. After washing this doesn´t keep shape much but doesn´t shed.

Eyeliner Brush (E05)
As the name already says, this brush is for applying your eyeliner. I like the precise tip but maybe might be too big for people with smaller eyes. I liked the size.

Pencil Brush (E30)
The second white brush in this collection. As I said not a big fan of this color. The shape of this brush is universal for me, I used it for pigments end eyeshadow but I have a feeling I could live without it.

Tapered Blending Brush (E40)
I don´t know what to use this brush for. I find it just too big to use on my eyes. I couldn´t blend with it, I guess I am used to different kinds of brushes. I didn´t like the shape much.

Eye Shading Brush (E55)
I like the shape and size of this one. It is not too small and it is flat. The brush has natural bristles and I used it with pigment and eyeshadows.

Large Shader Brush (E60)
I like this brush too, again it has natural bristles and a round shape.

Small Angle Brush (E65)
Great brush for applying cream eyeliners. It is precise and easy to work with. Try defining your eyebrows with it, works great like this too.

Although I didn´t like two or three of the brushes, overall I think this set is very nice. I like the long and thick handles, great to work with. The roll is perfect to keep the brushes in (but be aware of the smell). Some of the brushes were sheding but after a few washes it was ok. The set is perfect if you are starting with makeup brushes. The choice is very nice and I really didn´t need anything else. As I said I used the brushes for a month and now I will continue using them...I think that says it all.

You can buy this set here for $99. For this price you get really very good quality. I reccomend trying their sets, it saves you a lot of money.

Have you tried Sigma brushes? What do you think?

* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!