Searching...

Orly Cosmic FX Collection 2010 - Swatches and Review

I love fall. One of the reasons is because you get to see one of the best collections of the year. Fall collections are right up my alley and I can´t wait for them to arrive. What did Orly come up with? Cosmic FX is a collection hard to describe in a few words. Before I share with you my final thoughts let´s have a look at some pictures:

the whole collection
Orly says: The new, limited-edition collection delivers multi-dimensional flashes of intense shimmering shine that is so electrifying your nails will explode with color! This lighting phenomenon is achieved by ORLY’s exclusive MINERAL FX technology.

The swatches are all without a base or top coat and are in natural daylight (no sun or lightbox).

My video of the collection is here.

OUT OF THIS WORLD
In the bottle you see something between purple and gold mixen in black. On the nail you get mostly a beautiful dark purple but not too dark to look black. I love the sparkle. This one is beautiful but you will keep me saying this all the time with this collection.

GALAXY GIRL
You know how happy I am when a collection has at least one purple, right? Well this one has more! Galaxy girl is a purple with blue and green. You can see all the colors when you move your hand in different angles and it is difficult to capture on a picture.

LUNAR ECLIPSE
Now look at this. This is I think my favourite of the collection. A bright blue which turns purple in some angles. What else could a nail polish lover like me want? Don´t be fooled by the bottle where it looks more purple.

HALLEYS COMMET
Does this remind you of something? :) Well don´t worry I will do some comparisons in my later posts. For me this is the least unique color althought I love it. I call this a mermaid color and I think it will be a great fall shade too.

SPACE CADET
Golden bronze, just like the fallen leaves. This is such a fall color. It changes so nicely as you turn your hand aroung in different angles. Could watch it forever.

IT’S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE
And this is something for the green lovers out there. A very bright green with gold. I don´t have anything like this in my collection. For me this is a very unique shade.

So this is it. My thoughts? IN LOVE! I loved the collection from the first time I saw the promo pictures and I love it even now after seeing all of them IRL. To be honest I can think of some polishes that have a similar color but not the same fleck kind of glitter. Speaking of that I kept one of them on for some hours to see how the removal will be and they went off just fine. Not like classic glitter. The formula on these was fine. I used three coats on all the swatches. Two would have been opaque enough but the third coat gave them more depth.
I think this collection is a must have. If not all of them get yourself at least some and you will not regret.
Now tell me what you think. You can leave a comment or take my poll :)

What do you think about the Cosmic FX Collection?
  
pollcode.com free polls
* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!