Searching...

OPI Swiss Collection 2010 - Swatches and Review

This fall OPI takes us to Switzerland! I have never been there before but I love to travel with these collections :) I have to say that this collection was a very nice surprise. From the first promo pictures I thought I would like only four colors but now I love nearly all of them.

OPI says: "OPI offers a new take on classic neutrals with must-have hues in the Swiss Collection. These highly anticipated lacquers feature rich shades sure to become the new standard basics, or “new-trals” for Fall/Winter 2010."

The swatches are all without a base or top coat and are in natural daylight (no sun or lightbox).


My video of the collection is here.


I’M SUZI & I’M A CHOCOHOLIC
I will start with the cremes. The first one is with Suzi’s name :) I thought that this shade would be nothing for me but it actually is. You get the feeling of something warm. Makes you think it is already fall outside. The application was flawless and I have two coats.

FROM A TO Z-URICH
I am starting to be a red lover with this collection. This is warm red. It is very pigmented and you could go with one thicker coat, I did two.

COLOR SO HOT IT BERNS
Hot! Hot! Hot! This polish is just awesome. Ok the color itself is nothing new, a very bright red. But I didn´t have something like this in my collection. In fact this was the polish I reached for first. Looks great on, very sexy. You will need two coats for coverage, but with three it look even better. And believe me, the third coat is worth it.

JUST A LITLLE RÖSTI AT THIS
Maybe my least favourite from the collection but that is because the collection is full of very pretty polishes. Nice brown berry shade. Like all the cremes, this was so smooth and shiny. Two coats.

WILLIAM TELL ME ABOUT OPI
A very popular color for this fall, you see more brands releasing these. You can never go wrong with a vampy color like this. A very dark purple, almost black creme. Two coats.

SKI TEAL WE DROP
How could I live without a creme teal? I like this color on me a lot and will wear it. Two coats.

DIVA OF GENEVA
One of my favourites. Goes to the top three of the collection for me. This polish is really stunning and looks great on. Love the golden shimmer in it. Two coats.

LUCERNE-TAINLY LOOK MARVELOUS
I needed three coats of this one. A very nice foil like greyish silver.

GLITZERLAND
Same family as the one above, just gold. Again needed three coats for full coverage.

YODEL ME ON MY CELL
Love this so much! Really hard to capture all the beauty of the polish. The blue base and the shimmer. Another of my favourites. Can´t wait to wear this as a full mani. OPI makes such beautiful blues and this is no exception.

THE COLOR TO WATCH
I have a feeling that this polish is a bit underestimated. Well yes because you need four coats for full coverage and not everybody is willing to do that. But once you do, you get a beautiful color. I love the way it looks on me! It is a light purple with blue shimmer.

CUCKOO FOR THIS COLOR
Pretty shimmer green leaning to the blue side but it is not a teal. Reminds me of Christmas trees :) Two coats.

I think you know what I will say about the collection :) yes, I love it. The formula of these was great. Especially the cremes were like a dream in terms of application. Most of the polishes in the collection are two coaters which is great. And whenever I review an OPI collection I have to say that I LOVE their brush. Works great for me. What I liked is the color choice. I think everyone gets to choose...you have a sexy red a dark vamp etc. Can´t wait for fall to come, I will wear these a lot!
Now the collection is already in shops so go and get yours :) As always there is also a mini set available (contains Color So Hot It Berns, Yodel Me On My Cell, Luceme-tainly Look Marvelous and a RapiDry Top Coat). 
I will do comparison posts and a video next, so stay tuned!
So what do you think? Any must haves? :) Let me know.

* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!